Expert advice to help you create your next relationship…Together.
Join with Calgary Marriage Counsellor and Psychologist, Jeannine Crofton, who knows how to recover the vision you had with your partner. Having a mutual vision for your relationship and knowing where your individual goals fit into that plan is central to designing your future life together.
Create Effective Communication Patterns
Dysfunctional communication is often about the distribution of power in your relationship. Understanding your conflict style can lead to collaboration instead of avoidance or aggression. Replace arguments with productive conversation.
Re-establish Emotional Connections
Increase your confidence knowing you meet your partner’s emotional needs. Learn the small daily behaviours that lead to increased intimacy. Replace the distance with trust and validation.
Feel and Behave Happier
One powerful strategy for couples is to dream together. Creating a future relationship in your conversation implies safety and security. It can also satisfy each partner’s need for fun and adventure. Reignite the desire for fun and togetherness.
- For couples who are feeling like they are in a “rut” or have a general sense of dissatisfaction
- For couples who are committed to their spouse yet feel they need to renegotiate the terms of their marriage
- For couples who are open to seeing their “irreconcilable differences” in a new way
- For couples who have been impacted by a physical or emotional affair
- For couples who have health issues that are impacting their ability to be happy together
- For couples who have experienced job loss and are restructuring their roles in the relationship
- Mediation: For couples who have decided they will end their marriage and need to sort out parenting and property matters
- Child Therapy: For couples who are concerned about how their children are managing the separation
- Individual Therapy: For individuals who need therapeutic support for themselves to understand and cope with the loss
- Divorce Coaching: For individuals who need coaching to navigate the divorce and focus on a new way of living
Ready to create your next relationship?
Start with a free 20 minute phone consultation.
Get Relationship Advice On My Marriage Blog
What Does Science Tell Us About Successful Relationships? JEANNINE CROFTON Communication Many years ago couple therapists were left to guess about what made a good relationship. It seemed we could spot a good relationship but couldn’t say why a particular couple was...read more
Christmas is a time of year that can easily overwhelm all of us. It is often the case that our relationships are low on our priority list and during the Christmas season our spouse can land even lower. So how do you keep your partner as a priority when it makes sense to divide and conquer the many events, recitals, hosting obligations and financial obligations?read more
Relationships are more than the sum of its parts. Your relationship is an interaction between you and your partner. These interactions can be intentional or unintentional. When it feels like you and your partner are giving it your best effort and you still feel frustrated look to the pattern between you.read more