Expert advice to help you create your next relationship…Together.
Create Effective Communication Patterns
Dysfunctional communication is often about the distribution of power in your relationship. Understanding your conflict style can lead to collaboration instead of avoidance or aggression. Replace arguments with productive conversation.
Re-establish Emotional Connections
Increase your confidence knowing you meet your partner’s emotional needs. Learn the small daily behaviours that lead to increased intimacy. Replace the distance with trust and validation.
Feel and Behave Happier
One powerful strategy for couples is to dream together. Creating a future relationship in your conversation implies safety and security. It can also satisfy each partner’s need for fun and adventure. Reignite the desire for fun and togetherness.
- For couples who are feeling like they are in a “rut” or have a general sense of dissatisfaction
- For couples who are committed to their spouse yet feel they need to renegotiate the terms of their marriage
- For couples who are open to seeing their “irreconcilable differences” in a new way
- For couples who have been impacted by a physical or emotional affair
- For couples who have health issues that are impacting their ability to be happy together
- For couples who have experienced job loss and are restructuring their roles in the relationship
- Mediation: For couples who have decided they will end their marriage and need to sort out parenting and property matters
- Child Therapy: For couples who are concerned about how their children are managing the separation
- Individual Therapy: For individuals who need therapeutic support for themselves to understand and cope with the loss
- Divorce Coaching: For individuals who need coaching to navigate the divorce and focus on a new way of living
Ready to create your next relationship?
Start with a free 20 minute phone consultation.
Get Relationship Advice On My Marriage Blog
There is a great deal of focus in the therapeutic community for empathy in relationships. Many a therapist in a couple’s counselling session has attempted to increase the empathy of one spouse toward the other in the hope of increasing their emotional intimacy.read more
In therapy, we can talk a lot about the problem, but the better option is to flip the problem and create clarity by asking what the opposite of the problem is. In my practice, I ask people how they would be experiencing their relationship differently if there was a miracle in the night and it was fixed.read more
Resolvology has added a new member to our team. Ryder is our 8-month-old Golden doodle puppy. Ryder was chosen from a litter of nine puppies and we chose him because he displayed a friendly yet calm disposition. We have been working with Ryder to socialize him and prepare him to be a working dog. Ryder has attended a ten-week training program to help him with basic training. He will attend further training closer to his first job in the therapy office.read more