Expert advice to help you create your next relationship…Together.
Join with Calgary Marriage Counsellor and Psychologist, Jeannine Crofton, who knows how to recover the vision you had with your partner. Having a mutual vision for your relationship and knowing where your individual goals fit into that plan is central to designing your future life together.
Create Effective Communication Patterns
Dysfunctional communication is often about the distribution of power in your relationship. Understanding your conflict style can lead to collaboration instead of avoidance or aggression. Replace arguments with productive conversation.
Re-establish Emotional Connections
Increase your confidence knowing you meet your partner’s emotional needs. Learn the small daily behaviours that lead to increased intimacy. Replace the distance with trust and validation.
Feel and Behave Happier
One powerful strategy for couples is to dream together. Creating a future relationship in your conversation implies safety and security. It can also satisfy each partner’s need for fun and adventure. Reignite the desire for fun and togetherness.
- For couples who are feeling like they are in a “rut” or have a general sense of dissatisfaction
- For couples who are committed to their spouse yet feel they need to renegotiate the terms of their marriage
- For couples who are open to seeing their “irreconcilable differences” in a new way
- For couples who have been impacted by a physical or emotional affair
- For couples who have health issues that are impacting their ability to be happy together
- For couples who have experienced job loss and are restructuring their roles in the relationship
- Mediation: For couples who have decided they will end their marriage and need to sort out parenting and property matters
- Child Therapy: For couples who are concerned about how their children are managing the separation
- Individual Therapy: For individuals who need therapeutic support for themselves to understand and cope with the loss
- Divorce Coaching: For individuals who need coaching to navigate the divorce and focus on a new way of living
Get Relationship Advice On My Marriage Blog
As people process a betrayal there is often a point when they wonder aloud how they could be fooled so easily? Spouses say “I completely trusted my partner”. Yet as couples attempt to repair their relationship the next wondering that surfaces is “How can I trust my own judgment?”.read more
Recently I was interviewed by Caroline Wagner of CBC Calgary’s The Eyeopener regarding a modern-day relationship challenge…Herbivore/Omnivore relationships.
Can a vegetarian and a meat eater sustain a successful and long-term relationship?
In a lot of cases, it comes down to values. Listen to our interview below and read the entire article on the CBC website.
Does this sound familiar? You and your partner see a situation differently. After a number of exchanges the conversation becomes emotionally charged and one of you becomes upset. At those times we are often told that we move into a fight or flight response and either want to exit or escalate the conversation.read more